Monday 25 February 2013

3 Poems by Robert Louis Henry


The Ashes of Eve

If only
I could
touch
the hem
of Freedom's
robe while
he wraps
his arm
around
Chaos'
waist.

Chaos
has the
ashes
of Eve
on her
blouse.

But

really,
I just
miss
when
creating
stale air
didn't
occur
to me.

*Originally published by Greatest Lakes Review (http://greatestlakesreview.weebly.com/july-2010-poems.html)


Cubbyholes #6

Expectation digs her knuckles
just behind my eyes if I refuse
to hold her hand, but moves away
when I try to kiss her.

She wills my legs to grow
a widened stride.

Expectation pins a flag
with yesterday's date
on a map.

She wills my legs to grow and
laughs when I've lost balance.

Her hand in my pocket and the
rest of her drinking the last
moments of magic hour like a
bodyshot out of the horizon's
asshole.

*Originally published in the book, The Evaporation of Hands (but otherwise unpublished)


Continental Arms

If I had continental arms
I would pray a hold on god's beard
I would pants Jesus at a mall in Tennessee
while exchanging fluttery blown kisses
with the Californian sea

If I had continental arms
they'd be dragging bloody in the gravel
with knuckles just bare and bone and bleached  


Bionote

Robert Louis Henry grew up in Tennessee. He writes poetry, prose, and songs. He recently relocated to California, where he works as a freelance writer, editor, and publisher. He's also the publisher at Leaf Garden Press. His latest book, The Evaporation of Hands, is available at Amazon and Smashwords.

1 comment:

  1. Great post.I'm glad to see people are still interested of Article.Thank you for an interesting read..

    Conference Venues in Sandton

    ReplyDelete