Tuesday 5 November 2013

2 Poems by Dawnell Harrison

Loneliness

Loneliness is a knife
At my throat.

Cold stars glare
At me from above.

The silence completely
Shadows the air.

I stand as bare as a
Skinflint tree.
Love has no home here.

The sunrise burned


Deep in your soul
The sunrise burned

As the orange leaves
Of autumn twirled

In your heart.
The sweet smell

Of roses bent over
My soul as the sight

Of a white dove
Glimmered in my heart.

The fires of twilight
Tussled in your eyes

As the rain fell
Into the vast horizon
Of your soul.


Bionote

I have been published in over 100 magazines and journals including The Endicott Review, Fowl Feathered Review, The Bitchin' Kitsch, Vox Poetica, Queen's Quarterly, The Vein, Word Riot, Iconoclast, Puckerbrush Review, Nerve Cowboy, Mobius, Absinthe: A journal of poetry, and many others. Also, I have had 3 books of poetry published through reputable publishers titled Voyager, The maverick posse, and The fire behind my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment