Wednesday 5 November 2014

1 Poem by Dah Helmer

Naked Cry


I awoke in April
light
morning
color of snow and leaves

an angel
pulled from sky to earth
ether to breath
cloud to gift
molded out of
human seeds

First without sound
nobody knew me
my voice
fixed firmly inside
and in spanking fresh skin
I waited
to be heard waited to cry
my naked cry

It was late morning
there was cold there was hunger
my wings were gone
and a voice called out
my new name and
another voice called

Quickly my lungs unglued
and I cried
my naked cry

Bionote

Dah’s poetry has appeared, most recently, in The Sandy River Review, Stone Voices Magazine, Diverse Voices Quarterly, Orion headless, River & South Review, The Muse, and Miracle Magazine, and is forthcoming in Eunoia Review, Perfume River Review, and Literature Today. The author of two collections of poetry from Stillpoint Books, his third collection is due for publication in 2014, also from Stillpoint. Dah lives in Berkeley, California, where he is currently working on the manuscript for his fourth book.



No comments:

Post a Comment