Thursday 5 November 2015

2 Poems by Darren C. Demaree

NUDE MALE WITH ECHO #43

 It may look radiant,
the distance
between us
& that may be all you
desire.  I am naked
& you are uncomfortable
with that.  Believe
me, that distance
shimmers because it
it holds nothing,
because it wants to hold
you.  I want the same,
but even in this state
I am dull compared
to the rest of the air.


NUDE MALE WITH ECHO #44

Shallow in my chest,
there is muscle
above my muscle
& even if that is me
removing some fat-
ty tissue, it still feels
good to wrap
the canvas
in my favorite colors.


Bionote

Darren C. Demaree is the author of "As We Refer to Our Bodies" (8th House, 2013), "Temporary Champions" (Main Street Rag, 2014), "The Pony Governor" (2015, After the Pause Press) and "Not For Art Nor Prayer" (8th House, 2015).  He is the Managing Editor of the Best of the Net Anthology.  He is currently living in Columbus, Ohio with his wife and children.

No comments:

Post a Comment